Introducing the C60 Elite 1000 by Christopher Ward
As of today, if you visit the Christopher Ward website, the homepage is taken over by a new model, the C60 Elite 1000. It is built on the success of the C60 Trident Elite 1000 — the fastest sold-out Christopher Ward model — water-resistant to 1,000 meters, 42 mm titanium 2 case, ceramic bezel, COSC-certified Swiss movement, helium release valve, etc. But the new, C60 Elite 1000 comes with several upgrades:
- The movement is the Sellita SW220, bringing a day-date complication, instead of just the date that came with the SW200 of the previous model. As I mentioned earlier, it’s COSC certified.
- For the first time, CW is offering a lightweight titanium bracelet option too.
- This will be the first Trident with a grade 2 titanium case with exhibition case back and showcases a rotor engraved with Christopher Ward’s ‘twin flags’.
- Besides the blue with orange accents, there is also a very nice black/red option.
- Alongside the titanium bracelet, there’s also a hybrid rubber/ Cordura® strap option in black or navy, either with or without a bright underside in red or orange respectively. Thanks to the quick-release technology it’s easy to buy both and simply swap between them.
Despite all these improvements, it starts at the same price of £1,250 ($1,865 CAD) if you go with the hybrid rubber/ Cordura strap. But the titanium bracelet is worth the upgrade, at $2,195 you get a lightweight and elegant package.
We are promised a review sample in the near future, stay tuned for our detailed hands-on review.
- Diameter: 42mm
- Height: 15.4mm
- Weight: 77g / 133g on full 21cm bracelet
- Calibre: Sellita SW220 (COSC)
- Case: Grade 2 titanium
- Water resistance: 100 ATM (1000 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz)
- Timing tolerance: -4/+6 seconds per day
- Dial colour: Black
- Lume: Super-LumiNova® Grade X1 GL C1
- Lug to Lug: 49.3mm
- Bracelet width: 22mm
More details at ca.christopherward.com/c60-elite-1000