The new ORIS Blue Eagles Limited Edition
Ready for action: 24 hours a day
Baselworld 2009 Press Release – To celebrate the 40th anniversary of our aviation partner, the Blue Eagles Helicopter Display Team, Oris proudly presents the Blue Eagles Limited Edition. Based on the watches from the BC4 aviation collection this watch is just as spectacular as the team’s displays.
The shape of the case is unmistakably Oris BC4 but this model is bigger, bolder and the top ring and case back are coated in black DLC for a stand out look. The stainless steel case centre is silver, giving the watch a distinctive two colour, sandwich construction.
The full 24-hour display is a first for Oris and offers an invaluable full overview of the time. This central display is made possible by the new Cal. 653 movement developed by Oris. The day and night zones are marked in black and white for maximum readability.
The second time zone is displayed on the moveable inner dial ring operated by the vertical crown at 2 o’clock. The Oris Quick Lock Crown system prevents accidental adjustments in a world where split second timing is essential.
Although limited to just 1969 pieces, this is where the limitations of the Oris Blue Eagles Limited Edition end A genuine pilots’ watch: practical, robust and ready for action 24-hours a day. Just like the pilots who inspired it.
- Ø 45.00mm
- Ref. 653 7631 46 84 LS
- Mechanical automatic movement. Centralised 24 hour and minute display, small second display at 9 o’clock. Date at 3 o’clock. Centralised second time zone.
- Stainless steel case secured with 7 screws. Top ring and case back black DLC coated. Case back with mineral glass. Sapphire glass domed on both sides with double anti-reflective coating. Moveable inner dial ring operated by vertical crown located at 2 o’clock
- Black dial with applied indices and printed Superluminova numbers. Hands with luminous inlay.
- Limited to 1969 pieces. Limited edition number engraved at 9 o’clock
- Stainless steel Quick Lock crown.
- Black leather strap with contrasting stitching and special folding clasp