A Tribute to Bob Dylan
Oris Press Release – Hölstein, 30th January 2009 – In one of his greatest hits, Bob Dylan sings that “The Times They Are A-Changin” but the great man himself remains constant. In the sixties he came to prominence as the unofficial voice of the counterculture and has since become one of the most influential and successful artists of all time. As an international star in the worlds of folk and rock music he sang his way into the hearts of a generation with his distinctive voice and poetic lyrics. He is quite simply a multitalented living legend: singer-songwriter, poet, musician, author and painter.
As a tribute to Bob Dylan, Oris has created a special edition Rectangular model, limited to just 3000 pieces worldwide. The stainless steel cased watches carry Bob Dylan’s signature on the finely patterned dial. His portrait is engraved on the case back along with the limited edition number of the watch. A small glass window offers a glimpse of the complex mechanical movement with the famous Oris red rotor.
Bob Dylan has experimented in more different fields than any other artist but has always returned to his musical roots. The watch design reflects this in its use of slick modern proportions, which make it stylish rather than fashionable. This exclusive Oris limited edition comes in a presentation box set with a Hohner Marine Band harmonica – the instrument for which Dylan is best known.
The Oris Rectangular “Bob Dylan” Limited Edition: an exception to all the rules. Solo and unplugged.
“Oris Rectangular Bob Dylan Limited Edition”
37.80mm x 39.00 mm
Ref. 733 7618 40 84 LS
• Automatic mechanical movement, centralised hour, minute and second displays. Date at 6 o’clock.
• Black patterned dial with applied numerals, nickel hands with luminous inlay.
• Multi piece stainless steel case, case back fixed with four screws. Special case back engraving, and small glass window.
• Sapphire glass domed on both sides and with inner and outer antireflective coating.
• Stainless steel crown
• Black leather strap with stainless steel folding clasp
• Water resistant to 3 bar