Superlatives in parallel design
Oris Press Release, Hölstein, 30th January 2009 – This is what can be achieved when two companies sharing a passion for sports cars and who have achieved international success through high performance come together: a watch made in motor sport heaven.
The Oris designers have worked with RUF engineers to produce the limited edition Oris RUF CTR3 Chronograph – a masterpiece of Swiss craftsmanship inspired by one of the fastest street cars on the planet.
The case is made of lightweight titanium and has a tachymeter top ring made from highly durable ceramic. The tachymeter scale is marked with the number 375 – indicating the top speed of the RUF CTR3: 375 km/h.
The eye-catching dial reflects the dials on the CTR3 dashboard in both shape and colour with Superluminova numerals, and the distinctive RUF logo. The chronograph is operated by the stainless steel pushers and the crown is secured by the Oris Quick Lock Crown system.
The limited number of each watch is engraved on the side of the case at 9 o’clock and the famous Oris red rotor – the power behind the style – carries the CTR3 logo.
Limited to just 3000 pieces the watch is presented in a set with a scale model of the RUF CTR3.
This is slick motor sport design at its best: functional features with outstanding good looks.
Oris RUF CTR3 Chronograph Limited Edition Technical Specifications
Ref. 673 7611 70 84 LS
- Automatic mechanical movement with stop watch function, centralised hour and minute displays, decentralised hour and minute counters, centralised second counter, date at 6 o’clock
- Two piece black dial with printed Superluminova numerals, polished nickel hands with luminous inlay, RUF logo
- Multi-piece titanium case with screwed mineral glass case back, sapphire glass domed on both sides with inner and outer anti-reflective coating,
- ceramic tachymeter top ring
- Limited number engraved on case side at 9 o’clock
- Stainless steel Quick Lock Crown and pushers
- Black leather strap with green inlay and titanium folding safety clasp
- Water resistant to 10 bar/ 100m
- Presentation box set with certificate and model car