DEVON Works introducing the chocolate brown Tread 2 Godiva
In order to expand upon the success of their wildly popular Tread 2 line of timepiece, Devon’s design department began experimenting this year with earth-toned materials, and one of the pieces they put together was immediately recognized as something special.
Its case is coated in a very and rich dark chocolate brown PVD, an unusual, but very decadent tone with velvety hues of purple, and paired it with a complimentary brown croc-embossed strap, brown Time Belts and gold-toned movement parts.
The team received further confirmation of their success in March when they showed the finished product to company founder and creative director, Scott Devon, who immediately had the timepiece added the company’s display cases at Baselworld.
- 44 mm x 42 mm x 14.5 mm case
- 3.16L Stainless Steel with brown PVD coated case, crown and clasp
- Gold-toned movement parts – including the motor covers, indicator plate, pulley mounts and rocker
- 1mm thick sapphire crystal
- Water resistant to 10M
- Brown croc-embossed calf leather strap
- .002” thick fiberglass-reinforced Nylon Time Belts©
- Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery lasts up to 28 days on a single charge
- Inductive wireless charging system
Devon is one of those brands that are distinguishing themselves with an innovative design and technology. The unusual dark brown PVD is just one of the expressions of the companies gutsy approach to design and by looking at these pictures I’m in love golden parts that work really nice with the brown case and strap.
I would love to have a closer look and see this pice from all the angles. Unfortunately to the Devon website, there are only two retailers carrying this brand in Canada, Louis Black in Toronto and BMA Watches & Jewelry in Vancouver. As soon as I have my hands on a Devon, I promise to post some photos here.
In the mean time check out Devon at www.devonworks.com