The ORIS Swiss Hunter Team Limited Edition
Two aviation legends; one watch
To commemorate the life of the legendary Hawker Hunter jet, top Swiss pilot’s watchmaker Oris, introduces the latest model in its aviation collection.
The awesome Hunter took the world by storm when it first flew in the UK in 1951. Seven years later it came to Switzerland and became a linchpin of the Swiss Air Force. Although the Hunter has since been retired in Switzerland it continues to fly thanks to the Swiss Hunter Team of the ‘Fliegermuseum Altenrhein’, a unique group of former Swiss Air Force pilots who were inspired to fly by the Hunter. The Oris Swiss Hunter Team Limited Edition reflects both the strength of the jet and the quality of its design.
The 46mm anthracite PVD coated case projects an elegant silhouette with its gentle curves, bevelled top ring and oversized screw down crown. The dial is presented in the unmistakable Oris style of a cockpit flight instrument. The tiny Hunter jet on the pointer calendar hand is another nod to the inspiration for this limited edition pilot’s watch.
Oris movement 644 is the quality engine at the heart of this mighty craft, and it is clearly visible through the glass case back. Marked with the logo of the Swiss Hunter Team the case back also shows Oris’ support for the men who continue to keep the magnificent Hunter flying.
The Oris Swiss Hunter Team Limited Edition is presented in a magnificent box set, which includes an original Hunter ejection seat safety splint key ring. Marked with the same limited edition number as the watch it accompanies from 0001/1958 to 1958/1958 (the year the Hunter first came to Switzerland) it helps to make the set an essential collector’s item for all aviation enthusiasts.
Oris Swiss Hunter Team Limited Edition
Ø 46.00 mm
Ref: 644 7635 42 84 LS
- Automatic mechanical movement with pointer calendar function.
- Centralised hour and minute displays. Small second at 9 o’clock.
- Multi-piece stainless steel case anthracite PVD coated. Screwed see through glass case back. Sapphire glass domed on both sides with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Limited edition number engraved on the case side at 9 o’clock.
- Two-piece black dial with printed Superluminova numerals and indices. Nickel hands with luminous inlay.
- Grey PVD coated screw down crown.
- Dark brown shrunk leather strap with grey PVD coated buckle
- Water resistant to 10 bar/100 metres.
- Set includes limited edition Hunter ejection seat key ring