With the Sochi Olympics entering their second week, winter sports are on the forefront of media attention, but on Monday, March 3rd 2014, the stage is set for the tennis showdown to end all showdowns as tennis superstar and Rado brand ambassador Andy Murray faces Novak Djokovic at legendary New York City venue, the Madison Square Garden.
On World Tennis Day, for the first time, Rado is the Official Timekeeper of the BNP Paribas Showdown. The official timing systems will be represented by corner clocks in the shape of the Rado HyperChrome on court.
Also on the bill at Madison Square Garden is a doubles match that tennis fans will be desperate to get a glimpse of, as the best doubles partnership ever – the Bryan brothers – take on the legendary McEnroe brothers.
Rado and Tennis in 2014
In 2014 we’re going to see Rado as Official Timekeeper of many other tennis events around the world. Here is the complete calendar:
- Aircel Chennai Open, India (January)
- Sony Open, Miami, USA (17th – 30th March),
- Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Stuttgart, Germany (19th – 27th April)
- Aegon Classic, Birmingham, UK (9th – 15th June)
- Aegon Championships, London, UK (9th – 15th June)
- Aegon International, Eastbourne, UK (14th – 21st June)
- Malaysian Open, Kuala Lumpur (21st – 29th September)
- Rakuten Open, Japan (29th September – 6th October)
- Erste Bank Vienna Open, Austria (11th – 19th October)
- Bank of Russia Kremlin Cup, Moscow (11th – 19th October).
More about Rado at www.rado.com