Limited-Edition Chapter One by Maîtres du Temps
LA CHAUX-DE-FONDS, Switzerland – The warm, rich color of the 5N red-gold case and matching hands blends in harmonious juxtaposition with the striking jet-black dial and rollers on this latest very limited-edition model in the exclusive Chapter One collection.
Developed by a collaboration of world-renowned master watchmakers, Christophe Claret, Roger Dubuis and Peter Speake-Marin, Chapter One features a world-first combination of complications: tourbillon, mono-pusher chronograph, retrograde date, retrograde GMT, and two rolling bars indicating the day of the week and phase of the moon.
The indication-rich dial reveals central coaxial hours, minutes, and chronograph 60-second counter; tourbillon and day of the week roller at 6 o’clock; retrograde GMT at 9 o’clock; 60-minute chronograph counter and precision moon phase roller at 12 o’clock; and retrograde date at 3 o’clock. The contrast of the elegantly sculpted red-gold hands against the raven-wing black of the dial provides clear legibility in a discreet, highly- refined setting. Stylish ergonomic correctors make adjusting the calendar indications a secret pleasure.
“Maîtres du Temps continues to diversify the Chapter One collection by offering limited-edition timepieces with sophisticated design and technical mastery. This latest red-gold edition provides another opportunity to present a timepiece with not only distinguished technical features, but with the warmth and fire of red gold adding to its appeal,” says Steven Holtzman, founder of Maîtres du Temps.
The ease of both reading and adjusting Chapter One’s indications disguises the fact that Chapter One is an incredibly complex timepiece crafted from 662 finely finished and beautifully decorated components. From the innovative combination of complications in its movement to the majestic sweep of curves in its case, Chapter One stands as an enduring testament to the skill, patience, and dexterity of its world-class creators.
About Maîtres du Temps
Maîtres du Temps is a pantheon where teams of independent master watchmakers at the very pinnacle of haute horlogerie collaborate to develop innovative, interesting, and exclusive timepieces. Founded by Steven Holtzman and based in Switzerland, Maîtres du Temps crafts limited-series mechanical masterpieces, each the synthesis of the experience, art, and techniques of the masters who create it. For more information, please visit www.maitresdutemps.com.
Technical Specifications – C1T.55.2E.12-5
Manual-wind mechanical movement, one-minute tourbillon, mono-pusher chronograph, retrograde date indicator, retrograde GMT indicator, day of the week indication on roller, patented precise moon phase indication on roller
Central hands indicating hours and minutes
Central chronograph counterpoised second hand
60-minute counter at 12 o’clock
Retrograde date at 3 o’clock
Retrograde GMT at 9 o’clock
One-minute tourbillon at 6 o’clock
Day of the week indication on roller at 6 o’clock
Patented precise moon phase indication on roller at 12 o’clock
– Two-position winding crown: pushed in to wind the watch; pulled out to set the time
– Chronograph: start/stop/return-to-zero function activated by single pusher in the crown
– Date corrector at 2 o’clock
– Day of the week corrector at 4 o’clock
– Moon phase corrector at 8 o’clock
– GMT corrector at 10 o’clock
– Dimensions: 51 mm x 32 mm
– Number of components: 558
– Number of jewels: 58
– Power reserve: 60 hours
– Tourbillon rotation: 60 seconds
– Balance frequency: 21,600 vph (3 Hz)
– 18K 5N red gold
– Number of components: 104
– Dimensions: 63 mm x 45 mm x 18 mm
– Sapphire crystals with double anti-reflective coating
– Display back: sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
– High polish and satin finishes on compound-curve surfaces
– Correctors with integrated locking system
– 18K gold
– Number of components: 7
– Multi-faceted and beveled
– Printed Roman numerals
– Engine-turned sun-ray guilloche
– Red counterpoised chronograph hand
– 18K red-gold sword-shaped hands for chronograph counter, hour, minute, date, and GMT
Day barrel: anodized Anticorodal
Moon phase barrel: anodized Anticorodal inside a matte anodized cover with laser-pierced moon and stars
Window between day roller and tourbillon
Alligator strap with 18K 5N red-gold deployant buckle
Please note that specifications may change without notice.